At Keswick Museum, we want to keep the Museum for the enjoyment of our visitors, ensuring it is safe as possible for our visitors, volunteers, and staff during this unusual time.
What we are doing?
• We have a risk assessment in place, that we are regularly updating as the situation develops.
• We have provided training to our staff and volunteers on new procedures.
• We have increased cleaning within the Museum.
• We have created a one-way system within the Museum, with floor stickers to help people to remember to social distance.
• We will monitor visitor numbers to ensure the space doesn’t become overcrowded.
• We have reduced our opening hours as not all our volunteers are able to return yet.
• We will limit the number of participants on activities we run, to allow for social distancing.
• We have removed most of our interactive items.
• Our toilets are closed to visitors except for emergency use, as we are unable to maintain social distancing within them or ensure they are cleaned between each user.
• We are investigating new ways of making the Museum interactive whilst minimising cross-contamination for example activities such as jigsaws that can be done on your mobile.
• The beaters for the Musical Stones and Children’s Trails are still available from our front of house team but will be cleaned after each use.
• We are developing new loan boxes for schools and creating a flexible learning programme for our users.
• Talks and Storytelling sessions will be filmed and be available on our social media pages to ensure those that physically can’t be in the Museum can still take part.
• An Official Stroker has been appointed from the staff team, to ensure Mr Fox and Old Badger still get attention while our younger visitors are unable to touch them.
What you can do to help?
• Please sanitise your hands as you enter the Museum.
• Use contactless payment wherever possible.
• Provide your name, telephone number and email address so that we can pass them to the Track and Trace service if needed. These will be deleted after 21 days.
• Avoid touching items in the shop unless you intend to purchase them.
• Wear a face covering unless you are exempt. If you don’t have one, they are available to purchase at the till point.
• Follow the one-way system in the Museum. Please enter the Museum from the main door on the roadside and exit via the back door into the park.
• Remember to maintain social distancing, look out for the floor stickers to help guide you.
• Avoid touching display cases and signs.