We care for and share about 20,000 objects of all sorts which reflect life in the Keswick area.
Our collection themes consist of:
- Landscape & natural history
- The lives of local people – domestic and community
- Social and industrial history
- Local art, artists & writers, crafts & crafts people
Only 5-10% of the collections is on display at any one time. We offer ‘More in Store’ Tours each Wednesday at 11am for half an hour (included in museum admission) to see the reserve collections and we change exhibits as often as possible.
Our collection contains objects collected in the past from many parts of North Cumbria. However, we now only collect from the Derwent Seven Parishes (approximately the area covered by postcode CA12):
- Above Derwent
- St Johns (Castlerigg & Wythburn)
See Allerdale Borough Council map (but remember to add Threlkeld which is in Eden!)