Keswick Museum is recruiting for our Board of Trustees
We are a fully accredited museum, managed by a small dedicated team of staff supported by enthusiastic volunteers.
We are seeking new volunteer trustees to help drive our forward plans as we navigate the challenges this year has brought and those ahead. We invite applicants with new and forward-looking approaches who can bring fresh thinking and diverse experiences.
If you if you have any queries about the role please contact or would like to discuss your involvement please email Chair of the Board of Trustees, Clare Poulter, firstname.lastname@example.org
What will you be doing?
The Board is collectively responsible for the strategic direction and sustainability of Keswick Museum & Art Gallery Management Limited (KMAG). Trustees ensure that the Museum complies with its charitable commitment, the law and honour other commitments made by the board. They share their skills and experience for the benefit of the charity and hopefully have an enjoyable and fulfilling personal experience in their role.
- The ability to think strategically and creatively, demonstrate objectivity, good judgement and analytical ability.
- A willingness to learn
- Good communication, team-working and inter-personal skills.
- An understanding of volunteer run, community organisations
- Tactful, diplomatic and able to build relationships.
- Fair, impartial and open to new ideas.
- Uphold the principles of public life including selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability openness and honesty
- Skills and experience related to their specific focus within the board
- A demonstrable interest in arts, museum and heritage.
- Experience of trusteeship/committee member of a charity or other voluntary organisation.
What difference will you make?
Your contribution will be key to the ongoing sustainability and growth of a much-loved independent museum. We were the first purpose built museum in Cumbria, opening in 1898. It has been managed by the local authority in the past, but re-opened in 2014 after a complete refurbishment and is now run by a self sufficient Trust with a large group of local volunteers, a small staff and a lot of community support.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
We are a small, friendly team that are responding to the challenges of C-19 with ambition. We are actively contributing to our local community and looking for ways to to support Keswick and the surrounding area. We have exciting plans for developing our offer and are looking for Trustees who are excited to help us deliver this vision.
Mostly during office hours
0-5 hours / month