The session explores stories of different lake users’ from both human and wildlife perspectives. It raises the question of how we balance these different interests to share a place between different species.
- Explore Dive into Derwentwater exhibition
- Pupil guide pupil: we turn into tour guides as we each take turns to study and then explain part of the exhibitions story focusing on the different users of the lake.
- Design a lake: The activity is based on role play scenarios with the children working in groups to present a case for an activity and then to find a consensus with each other. The roles will cover different groups such as the Otter Trust, Wild Swimmers, boat hire company etc.,
- Organise a campaign: The activity focuses on the spread of the invasive New Zealand Pygmyweed and how we might communicate to users of the water how to stop its spread.
- Year groups 3-6;
- The three activities including exploration of the exhibition take 2 hours
- The students work together in pairs or groups,
- 10am-12 or 1-3pm
- £3.00 per pupil, leaders free.
- Lunch possible on site if booked in advance
Contact: 017687 73263 email@example.com