Click on the link to find out more about our Keswick Museum Youth Panel
Volunteers are vital to every area of our organisation and work at every level.
They offer support, expertise and innovation, adding value and enhancing the impact of what we do. They help create important links with the community and are powerful ambassadors for the Museum.
Would you like to:
- Meet new people?
- Share your knowledge?
- Develop new skills?
- Learn about your local heritage?
- Improve on your CV?
- Visit 30 fabulous Cumbrian attractions for free?
Then please think about becoming part of our friendly volunteer team.
The roles are many and varied, for example:
- Meeting and Greeting at front of house
- Education and Learning team – assisting with school visits, guided tours and family activities
- ‘Behind the Scenes’ team – cataloguing, research, labelling, monitoring and recording, sorting collections
- Creating exhibitions
- Marketing the museum through leafleting and events
- Outdoor area maintenance
We offer training to support the volunteer’s role and social occasions to enhance it.
Volunteers can gain important experience, training and references which can help those looking for paid work and experience to further their career in the arts, heritage and tourism sectors.
Our volunteers vary in the amount of time they can give us, from half a day per fortnight to two days per week. It all depends what you can manage and the sort of role you decide to take-up.
For further information, please contact our Administrator, Tracy Henderson, on 017687 73263 or send an email using the enquiry form below.